Attorneys of the Ellis Law Group, LLP are admitted to and frequently have practiced before all California appellate courts, including the California Supreme Court, before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and even the United States Supreme Court.
Managing partner Mark Ellis began his legal career as a clerk for the Hon. Ray E. Munson of the Washington State Court of Appeals. In 2010, Mr. Ellis co-authored with Andrew Steinheimer and Ronald Zumbrun an amicus curiae brief on behalf of the California Collectors Association in Jerman v. Carlisle, a U.S. Supreme Court landmark case in the interpretation of the Fair Debt Collections Act (FDCPA). Mr. Ellis has been the attorney of record in scores of published appellate decisions.
The firm’s extensive appellate resume includes federal and state appellate opinions in the areas of commercial law, bankruptcy, professional malpractice, insurance coverage, and the FDCPA.
- Van Patten v. Vertical Fitness Group, LLC, Case No. 14-55980 (9th Cir. Jan. 30, 2017) (TCPA)
- Radcliffe v. JPMorgan Chase Bank (9th Cir. 2014) 2014 WL 931093 (FDCPA / Rule 60)
- In re Gilman (9th Cir. 2014) 2014 WL 2211710 (affirming denial of opponent’s frivolous anti-SLAPP motion and related appeal)
- Thornbrough v. Western Placer Unified School District (3rd Dist. 2013) 223 Cal.App.4th 169. (Education – Wrongful Termination) Click for press release.
- People v. Persolve (5th Dist. 2013) 218 Cal. App.4th 1267 (Collections, Litigation Privilege)
- Fields v. Retailers Credit Ass’n, 2012 WL 70342 (9th Cir. 2012) (Ninth Circuit Court of appeals upholds trial court judgment in favor of client)
Neilsen v. Trofholz Technologies, Inc. (9th Cir. 2012) 2012 WL 689948 (Employment Law)
- Olsen v. Harbison (2010) 191 Cal.App.4th 325 (Legal)
- Rouse v. Law Offices of Rory Clark (9th Cir. 2010) 603 F.3d 699 (FDCPA)
For complete lists of trials and appellate decisions, see the biographies of the practice group's attorneys.